California Advancing and Innovating Medi-Cal (CalAIM) is a long-term commitment to transform and strengthen Medi-Cal, offering Californians a more equitable, coordinated, and person-centered approach to maximizing their health and life trajectory. There are three (3) overarching goals of CalAIM:
1. Identify and manage comprehensive needs through whole person care approaches and social drivers of health.
2. Improve quality outcomes, reduce health disparities, and transform the delivery system through value‑based initiatives, modernization, and payment reform.
3. Make Medi-Cal a more consistent and seamless system for enrollees to navigate by reducing complexity and increasing flexibility.
The County of Santa Clara Behavioral Health Services Department is working with internal subject matter experts and external partners to implement these initiatives as it pertains to community members requiring behavioral health services throughout the county. This webpage serves as centralized resource center for county staff and contracted community providers.
This section is dedicated to communicating CalAIM updates as they become available.
This section is dedicated to communicating CalMHSA updates as they become available. If you have any questions regarding these updates, please visit https://www.calmhsa.org/calaim-2/ or contact [email protected].
For the full list of updates, please visit: https://www.dhcs.ca.gov/provgovpart/Pages/2022-BH-Information-Notices.aspx
These workgroups were developed for strategic planning to implement the CalAIM deliverables. Each workgroup consists of department leaders and subject matter experts that meet regularly to complete milestones roll-out deliverables. If you have any questions regarding these workgroups, please contact [email protected].
- Payment Reform
- CPT Codes
- Peer Support Specialist
- Standardized Tools (Screening & Transition of Care)
County Trainings & Webinars:
- CSC Transition of Care Tool Training Webinar Recording (2-27-2023)
- CSC Transition of Care Tool Training Webinar PPT (2-27-2023)
- CSC Transition of Care Tool Training Webinar Q&Q (2-27-2023)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
We’ve collected and compiled frequently asked questions from meetings, trainings, and extracted from our BHSD CalAIM email mailbox. The BHSD leadership discusses all questions in detail and develops appropriate answers for each question. The complete list of question and answers will be posted soon.
Please contact [email protected].