County of Santa Clara Health System
- Title 9 CCR, Division 4, Chapter 8 – Certification of Alcohol and Other Drug Counselors
- Title 22 CCR § 51341.1 – Drug Medi-Cal Substance Use Disorder Services, §
- 51000.24.5 – Substance Use Disorder Treatment Professional, § 51516.1 –
- Reimbursement Rates for Drug Medi-Cal Substance Abuse Program Services
- 42 CFR, Chapter 1, Subchapter A, Part 2 – Confidentiality of Alcohol and Drug Abuse
- Patient Records
- 45 CPR 96.127
- Drug Medi-Cal Certification Standards for Substance Abuse Clinics (July 1, 2004)
- Alcohol and/or Other Drug Program Certification Standards (May 1, 2017)
- Drug Medi-Cal Provider Billing Manual (July 1, 2017)
- DHCS Funding Hierarchy- Payment of First and Last Resort United States Code(USC)
- Title 42 USC, Section 300x-21through 300x-66: Substance Abuse Prevention and
- Treatment Block Grant California Health and Safety Code (HSC)
- HSC, Division 10.5, Section 11750 – 11970: State Department of Health Care
- State of California, Youth Treatment guidelines 2002. Alcohol and/or Other Drug
- Program Certification Standards
- Department of Health Care Services Health and Human Services Agency State of
- California May 1, 2017
- Perinatal Practice Guidelines FY 2018-19
- STC- Standard Terms and Conditions
- IA - Intergovernmental Agreement
- AOD Cert. Standards - Alcohol and/or Other Drug Program
- DTS - Standards for Drug Treatment Programs (September 1982)
- Title 9 - California Code of Regulations
- Title 9 - Narcotic Treatment Programs
- Title 22 - California Code of Regulations
- Title 22 - Drug Medi-Cal (as amended by Emergency Regulations)
- WIC - Welfare and Institutions Code
- SUTS CPM - Substance Use Treatment Services Clinical Performance Measures 2018
- BHSD Policy #1401 Admission and Re-Admission Criteria
- BHSD Policy #1402 Clinical Guidelines
- BHSD Policy #1404 Discharge Planning
- BHSD Policy #1405 Intake
- BHSD Policy #1406 Level of Care and Lateral Transfers
- BHSD Policy #1407 Authorization for OPD Extension of Treatment
- BHSD Policy #1408 Physical Examination
- BHSD Policy #1409 Referral for Services
- BHSD Policy #1410 Tarasoff Ruling – Duty to Warn
- BHSD Policy #1411 Treatment Plan
- BHSD Policy #1414 Progress Notes
- BHSD Policy #1415 Treatment Status Report
- BHSD Policy #1420 Policy for Maintaining an Alcohol and Drug-Free Environment
- BHSD Policy #1421 Health and Safety
- BHSD Policy #1422 Orientation for New Hires
- BHSD Policy #1423 Personnel Files
- BHSD Policy #1424 Job Description
- BHSD Policy #1425 Code of Conduct
- BHSD Policy #1426 Admission or Readmission
- BHSD Policy #1427 Treatment
- BHSD Policy #11400 Beneficiary Rights
- BHSD Policy # 11300 Providing Language Services.
Behavioral Health Services Department (BHSD) will implement and adhere to the Minimum Quality Drug Treatment Standards for Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grants (SABG), including those Personnel Policies (e.g., personnel files, job descriptions, volunteers/interns, codes of conduct) and Program Management Policies (e.g., admission/readmission, treatment). These can be found on the DHCS link.
BHSD will also provide copies of the Minimum Quality Drug Treatment Standards to all subcontractors on the BHSD website and monitor compliance standards of all subcontractors.
SABG: Federal Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant funding for substance abuse treatment and prevention activities.
Supervise the annual administrative audit, reviewing County employees, volunteers, and subcontractors for compliance with the Minimum Quality Drug Treatment Standards for SABG.
Implement all Minimum Quality Drug Treatment Standards for Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment for Block Grants (SABG) policies across BHSD systems, including subcontractors.
BHSD and Subcontractor Program Managers
Have the responsibility to adhere to the Minimum Quality Drug Treatment Standards for SABG policies that define their scope of work as program managers.
BHSD Clinical Standards Coordinators
Oversee the DMC ODS Utilization Review (UR) [Attachment C]. A random selection of approximately 5% of client charts for the year will be audited for each provider.
BHSD Quality Improvement Coordinators (QIC)
BHSD QIC Teams will conduct the DMC-ODS Utilization Review by visiting each provider site.